Facebook has been moving to become the dominant platform for messaging, with the acquisition of WhatsApp and the growing number of people using the Facebook Messenger app, Facebook could soon take over all of your day-to-day messaging.
Today with the introduction of Facebook business, where businesses could integrate Facebook messenger right into their pages allowing you to contact them with an instant message directly is a big jump ahead. I cannot wait to see what else they come up with next.
Some new notable features added:*
- Looped animated images known as Gifs sourced from the sports TV service ESPN and elsewhere
- Still images from the picture hosting site Imgur
- Computer-generated animal cartoon messages with recorded audio via Talking Tom
- Forecasts from the Weather Channel service
- E-cards from the humour site Jibjab
- Audio files from the Sound Clip
Read attached article for more in-depth information on this.